A brief sketch of the pioneer life of Lois A. Smith Bushman
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 792
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of typescript. Although intended to be a biographical sketch of Lois Bushman, manuscript includes a great deal of information about her husband, John, and the author as well. Covers the conversion of Lois's family to the Mormon Church in 1844; their trek across the plains to Utah; their subsequent move to establish Mormon settlements in eastern Arizona in 1876; and life on the Utah and Arizona frontier.
- Tanner, George S. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from XXX must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Daughter of Lois A. Smith Bushman.
1 v. (36 leaves)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Bushman, John, 1843-1926
- Bushman, Lois Angeline Smith
- City and Town Life
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Arizona -- Sources
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Utah -- Sources
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Mormons -- Arizona
- Mormons -- Social Life and Customs
- Overland Journeys to the Western United States
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of A brief sketch of the pioneer life of Lois A. Smith Bushman
- In Progress
- Morgan Crockett
- 2010 July 20
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.