Journal David H. McAllister : northern Arizona period
Scope and Contents
Typescript. Includes short autobiographical sketch of author's life from his birth to his mission call to Arizona in 1876. Rest of the text is a daily journal covering the trip from Salt Lake City to Arizona, daily life in the Mormon settlements, and a trip back to Utah in 1877. Almost all of McAllister's journal entries are one line in length.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Journal David H. McAllister : northern Arizona period must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon pioneer in eastern Arizona.
1 item (41 leaves)
Language of Materials
Originally collected by George S. Tanner; formerly cataloged as Mss 600.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Department of Church History.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Arizona -- History
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- Arizona -- History
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- Arizona
- Latter Day Saints -- Arizona -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History
- McAllister, Daniel H. -- Diaries
- Missions and Missionaries
- Register of Journal David H. McAllister : northern Arizona period
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 July 20
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.