Ammon M. Tenney papers
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 800
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of typescript. Includes a number of letters written to Tenney by such people as Brigham Young (1801-1877), Wilford Woodruff (1807-1898), and John W. Young (1844-1924) concerning the purchase of land at St. Johns, Arizona, for Mormon settlement, missionary work among the Indians, and obtaining work for Mormon settlers by bidding on raliroad contracts. Some of Tenney's replies are also included. Folder also includes typescript copy of Tenney's journal for 1875-1876.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ammon M. Tenney papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon pioneer in Arizona, colonist, and missionary to the Navajo Indians.
18 items (50 leaves)
Originally collected by George S. Tanner; formerly cataloged as Mss 600.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Arizona--History
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History
- Saint Johns (Ariz.) -- History
- Smith, George Albert, 1817-1875 -- Correspondence
- Tenney, Ammon M. (Ammon Meshach), 1844-1925 -- Diaries
- Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898 -- Correspondence
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 -- Correspondence
- Young, John W. (John Willard), 1844-1924 -- Correspondence
- Register of Ammon M. Tenney papers
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 July 19
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.