Minute book for William C. Allen's Company
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS SC 779
Scope and Contents
Collection includes one volume containing minutes of the chapter's business meetings from 1876 through 1888 and a second volume containing handwritten copies of the company's business correspondence and letters from various Mormon church leaders.
- St. Joseph United Order Company (Organization)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Minute book for William C. Allen's Company must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The William C. Allen Company, established in 1876, was a local chapter of the Mormon Church's communal United Order organized in Allen City (later St. Joseph), Arizona. The name of the organization was changed to St. Joseph United Order Company in 1878.
2 v. (146 p.)(0.10 linear ft.)
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Donated in 1974.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Allen, William C., 1843-1926
- Bushman, John, 1843-1926
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Arizona--History
- Collective settlements -- Arizona -- History
- Hansen, Peter
- Material Types
- Minutes (Records)
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History
- Retail trade
- Snow, Erastus Fairbanks, 1818-1888 -- Correspondence
- Teasdale, George, 1831-1907 -- Correspondence
- Udall, David King, 1851-1938
- United orders (Mormon Church) -- Arizona -- History
- Wallbeck, A. W. (Alexander William), 1859-1920
- William C. Allen Company -- Minutes
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 -- Correspondence
- Register of Minute book for William C. Allen's Company
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 July 19
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.