A short sketch of the life of Levi Jackman
Scope and Contents
Typescript copy of a life sketch originally written by Jackman in 1851 which describes his early family life in Vermont and New York. The sketch also includes journal excerpts from 1835-1847 which detail his Latter-day Saint Church missions to Ohio, the 1847 trek across the Plains and early Utah life. Also includes a typescript of notes from a sketch by S.C. Richardson about Jackman.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from A short sketch of the life of Levi Jackman must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 item (45 p.)
Collection maintained in original condition.
Donated by Phyllis Labrum in 1975.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Phyllis Labrum; 1975.
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Relations -- Indians
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah -- History -- 19th century
- Register of A short sketch of the life of Levi Jackman
- In Progress
- Morgan Crockett
- 2010 July 13
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.