McClellan family histories
Scope and Contents
Typescripts (some duplicated). The collection includes autobiographical sketch of William C. McClellan, member of the Mormon Battalion and of the Nauvoo Legion in Utah Valley, Utah, a biographical sketch of his wife, Almeda D. McClellan by Zitelle M. Snarr, and an autobiography of their son David A. McClellan Sr. which includes details of life in the Mormon colonies in Mexico and Arizona.
- date of production not identified
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from McClellan family histories must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
3 items (0.10 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Purchased from Beth Moon in 1975.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; Beth Moon; 1975.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Biography -- 19th century
- City and Town Life
- Frontier and pioneer life
- Home and Family
- Juarez (Chihuahua, Mexico) -- History
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Relations -- Indians
- Latter Day Saints -- Arizona
- Latter Day Saints -- Mexico
- McClellan family
- Payson (Utah) -- History
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Smith, Lot
- Social Life and Customs
- Sunset (Ariz.) -- History
- United States. Army. Mormon Battalion
- Utah. Militia
- Register of McClellan family histories
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 July 12
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.