John C. Graham papers
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 3889
Scope and Contents
Collection includes photocopies of two journals by John C. Graham for the period of 1862 to 1874, which describe his work with George Q. Cannon in the offices of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Liverpool, England. Also includes newpaper clippings from 1949, and programs for the Provo, Utah theater production of The Curtain from 1885.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John C. Graham papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
John C. Graham (1839-1906) was a Mormon newpaperman and publisher. He worked in the Liverpool emigration and Millenial Star offices. He later emigrated to Utah and founded the Provo Enquirer.
1 folder ; (0.08 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Linda Stocks; 1988.
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Cannon, George Q. (George Quayle), 1827-1901
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Material Types
- Mormons -- England -- Liverpool -- History -- Sources
- Printers -- England -- Liverpool -- Diaries
- Theater -- Utah -- Provo -- History -- Sources
- Utah -- Emigration and immigration -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Register of John C. Graham papers
- Rose Frank
- 10 June 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.