Utah aviation history files
Scope and Contents
Preliminary research materials gathered for a proposed history of aviation in Utah, including audiotaped interviews; 16 mm. film; videotape; and information booklets for Hill Air Force Base and Morton Thiokol, Inc. There are also copies of "Downwind" and "Centerline," both published by the Salt Lake City Airport Authority.
- approximately 1920-1995
- Utah State Office of Education (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No use until fully processed without review by curator of Arts and Communication Archives.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Utah aviation history files must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 boxes (1 linear ft.)
13 film boxes (1.05 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
There is an item-level inventory in the case file for this collection.
The footage was shot by Robert Clayton, who then gave it to Jim Deardon at the LDS Motion Picture Studio. Materials were stored at LDS Motion Picture Studio in Provo, Utah, until they were donated to BYU in 1998.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; LDS Motion Picture Studio; 1998.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Register of Utah aviation history files
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 October 12
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Box: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Reel: AV 009 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 025-026 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 024 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 023 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 022 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 021 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 019-020 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 032 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 031 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 030 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 029 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 028 (Moving Images)
- Reel: AV 027 (Moving Images)