Hugh B. Brown scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Contains two digital copies of a scrapbook of Hugh B. Brown on five CD-ROMs. The scrapbooks contain materials that document his mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Great Britain, with materials dating from between 1937 and 1938.
- Brown, Hugh B., 1883-1975 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Hugh B. Brown scrapbook must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Hugh B. Brown (1883-1975) worked in law and oil development in Utah before becoming a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
Hugh B. Brown was born October 24, 1883, in Granger, Utah. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the British Isles, and later served as president of the British Mission. After successful careers in law and oil development, he became the Assistant to the Quorum of the Twelve in 1953. On April 10, 1958, he was sustained as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve, and three years later, as a counselor in the First Presidency. He served as a counselor to President David O. McKay for nearly nine years. He died December 2, 1975, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Materials were left in original order.
Donated in 2011.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007.)
Documents the family life of Hugh B. Brown in Utah.
Computer data (71 TIFF images, 72 JPEG images).
Reproduction: CD-ROMs. [Provo, Utah] : Harold B. Lee Library, 2010.
Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011.
- Brown, Hugh B., 1883-1975 -- Archives
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Great Britain
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- Great Britain
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- Great Britain
- Missions and Missionaries
- Register of the Hugh B. Brown scrapbook
- Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- 2011 September 21
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.