John Orval Ellsworth papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1782
Scope and Contents
Sixteen bound books containing typewritten and handwritten notes, a diary, theses, lists, laws, scripture references, family genealogy, and an instruction booklet. The materials relate to Ellsworth's occupation as professor and his assignment as a mission president of the Central States Mission of the Mormon Church.
- Ellsworth, John Orval, 1891-1974 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon professor at the Texas Technical college in Lubbock, Texas.
3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--History
- College teachers -- Texas -- Lubbock -- History -- Sources
- Colleges and Universities
- Ellsworth, John Orval, 1891-1974
- Lubbock (Tex.) -- History -- Sources
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Central States
- Mormons -- Texas -- Lubbock -- History -- Sources
- Register of John Orval Ellsworth papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 April 19
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.