Franklin Folsom papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1777
Scope and Contents
Research notes, photocopies of drawings and photographs, a script, articles, correspondence, and archaeological site reports. The materials relate to Folsom's research on Indians of North America including antiquities and arrow heads, primarily in the American Southwest.
- Folsom, Franklin (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research. Photographs: Items kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Franklin Folsom papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
American archaeologist and author.
4 boxes (2 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Fred Rosenstock; 1982.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Archaeologists -- United States -- History
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Folsom culture -- History -- Sources
- Indians of North America -- Antiquities -- History -- Sources
- Material Types
- North America -- Antiquities -- History -- Sources
- Register of Franklin Folsom papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 Apri 19
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.