Marylee Mitcham papers
Scope and Contents
- Mitcham, Marylee (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Marylee Daniel was born April 4, 1943 in Atlanta, Georgia. She is the only child of Phyllis Robinson Daniel and Hugh McCall Daniel. She married Carl Mitcham on March 26, 1965, and they had four children. She also attended the University of Colorado at Boulder, graduating in English literature in 1967. A member of the Catholic Church, she and her husband lived in a small religious community in Kentucky between 1972 and 1982. During this time she began writing short stories, articles, poems, and book reviews, and in 1976 published An Accidental Monk : Her Domestic Search for God. She became a registered nurse and later an acupuncturist. In 1989 she joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She and her husband moved to Colorado in 1999, where they currently reside.
Carl Mitcham was born September 20, 1941 in Dallas, Texas to J. T. Mitcham and Betty Clapp. He married Marylee Daniel on March 26, 1965, and they had four children. Mitcham pursued his education at the University of Colorado, receiving his bachelor's degree in 1966 and a masters in 1969. He later earned a Ph.D. from Fordham University in 1988.
Mitcham taught at a number of institutions during the course of his career, including Berea College (1970-1972), St. Catherine College (1972-1982), Brooklyn Polytechnic University (1982-1989), and Pennsylvania State University (1989-1999). In 1999 he took a position at the Colorado School of Mines, where he has been involved in issues surrounding the ethics of technology. He also serves as a faculty affiliate with Center for Science and Technology Policy Research, as Hans Jonas chair of European Graduate School in Saas Fee, Switzerland, and co-founded New Directions: Science, Humanities, Policy.
15 boxes (7.5 linear ft.)
3 oversize folders (1.35 linear ft.)
1 carton (1 linear ft.)
2 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Mitcham is a Latter-day Saint author.
Additional two folders processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscripts processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2013.
Material added and finding aid updated; Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2015.
- American literature -- 20th century -- Mormon authors
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Daniels family -- Archives
- Manuscripts, American
- Mitcham, Carl (Contributor)
- Mitcham, Carl -- Archives
- Mitcham, Marylee -- Archives
- Mormon women
- Peace movements -- United States
- Register of Marylee Mitcham papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 April 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Box: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 13 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 14 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize-folder: 15 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize-folder: 16 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 17 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 18 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize-folder: 19 (Mixed Materials)