Mildred Miles Dillman papers
Scope and Contents
- Dillman, Mildred Miles, 1893-1980 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Biographical / Historical
Mildred was born July 3, 1893. On July 1, 1916, she married Ray Eugene Dillman. Throughout her life she was a teacher, author, historian, and researcher on the topics of Ute history, ethnography, and archaeology. She was called a "woman of many baskets" by the Ute tribes because of her interest in collecting artifacts.
She died in March of 1980.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
1 folder (0.05 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
II B V IV; Ethnic and Minority History.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Dillman, Mildred Miles, 1893-1980
- Indians of North America -- History
- Mormon women authors
- Ute Indian Tribe
- Ute Indians -- History
- Ute Indians -- Photographs
- Women historians -- United States
- Register of Mildred Miles Dillman papers
- Melissa Cowles, student processor and John Murphy, curator
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.