Margaret Maw papers
Scope and Contents
Handwritten minutes of meetings, scrapbooks, book drafts, short stories, manuscripts and articles. The materials relate to Maw's work with women's organizations and clubs in Provo, Utah, and to her writing career. Included are drafts of Maw's stories and novels with handwritten corrections.
- Maw, Margaret, 1874-1966 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Margaret Peterson Maw was born in Deseret, Utah in 1874. After a visit from George H. Brimhall, she felt it possible for her to attend Brigham Young Academy. She achieved that goal and after her first year, President Brimhall recommended her for a teaching position in Spring Lake. She also went on to become an author. She died in 1966.
6 boxes (3 linear ft.)
1 oversize box (0.75 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Arranged in seven series: 1. Utah Federation of Women's Clubs records of the first district, 1909-1947. 2. Utah Federation of Women's Clubs histories concerning the organization of financial ledgers of first district membership, 1949-1950. 3. Margaret Peterson Maw scrapbook of children's stories, undated. 4. Margaret Peterson Maw scrapbook of newspaper articles, 1939. 5. Margaret Peterson Maw short stories and articles, undated. 6. Margaret Peterson Maw manuscript copies of three books, undated. 7. Margaret Peterson Maw scrapbooks, 1920-1963.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS830.xml
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. One Hundred Thirty-Fifth Quorum of the Seventy
- Clubs and Societies
- Drafts (Documents)
- Latter Day Saint women -- Utah -- Provo -- History
- Maw, Margaret, 1874-1966 -- Archives
- Minutes (Records)
- Social Life and Customs
- Women -- Utah -- Provo -- History
- Women -- Utah -- Provo -- Societies and clubs -- History
- Women authors, American -- Utah -- Provo -- History
- Register of Margaret Maw papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 22
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.