Rulon Dean Skinner autobiography
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS SC 2955
Scope and Contents
A two-volume account relating his early life in Safford, Arizona, 1931-1948; experiences at Gila Junior College, 1948-1950; Latter-day Saint mission to Uruguay and Paraguay, 1950-1953; employment and experiences with Boy Scouts of America beginning in 1943; service to Latter-day Saint Boy Scouts of Uruguay, 1950-1953; helping to begin the Latter-day Saint Boy Scouts of Paraguay, 1951-1953; service as a branch president at Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah, 1989-1993; employment in recreation management and youth leadership at Brigham Young University, 1969-1996; retirement activities beginning in 1996; and genealogy and family history endeavors. Also includes copies of photographs, family group sheets, certificates, and letters.
- Skinner, Rulon Dean (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Rulon Dean Skinner autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 v. (0.23 linear ft.)
Rulon Dean Skinner donated his personal history in November 1998, in response to a letter and autobiographical form sent by University Archives to retired faculty.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Rulon Dean Skinner; 1998.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Boy Scouts -- Paraguay
- Boy Scouts -- Uruguay
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty
- Brigham Young University. Recreation Department
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Uruguayan Mission
- Gila Junior College -- Students
- Home and Family
- Missionary Training Center (Provo, Utah)
- Mormon missionaries -- Training of
- Mormon missionaries -- Uruguay
- Safford (Ariz.)
- Scouting (Youth activity)
- Scouts (Youth organization members)
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of Rulon Dean Skinner autobiography
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2011 February 10
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.