Rose M. and Harvard R. Hinton papers
Scope and Contents
- Hinton, Rose M. (Rose Marie), 1928- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Biographical / Historical
Harvard Roy Hinton was born on May 22, 1921 in Hurricane, Utah, to Bernard and Isabel Hinton. He grew up in Hurricane, then attended the Branch Agricultural School until 1944, when he enlisted in the Army. His service ended in 1946. He attended BYU and married Rose Marie Brokaw on November 22, 1950 in the Salt Lake temple. They moved to Salt Lake City then, where Harvard worked as a Court Clerk. The following year, the Hintons moved to Lehi where Harvard opened his first law office. Harvard was active in politics in the Democratic Party, and elected as a State Senator for one term. He also served as County Chairman of the Democratic Party, Deputy Secretary of State of Utah, and Deputy Lieutenant Governor, and Deputy Treasurer of the State of Utah in charge of unclaimed property. Harvard and his wife had eight children. The Hintons currently reside in Lehi, Utah.
Biographical / Historical
Rose Marie Brokaw Hinton was born on August 24, 1928, in Provo, Utah, to Austin Emil and Sarah LaPrele Sorenson Brokaw in the home of her grandmother Sorenson's home. Rose was raised in Provo, Lehi, and Roosevelt. She attended BYU where she met Harvard Roy Hinton. They were married November 22, 1950, in Salt Lake City, Utah, and were sealed by President Harold B. Lee. They had eight children. She was active in Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and in community affairs. They raised their family in Lehi and later served three missions. The first in Mauritius, then the Philippines and South Africa, and she later served a family history mission to Europe. The Hintons currently reside in Lehi, Utah.
1 half box (0.25 linear ft.)
19 cartons (19 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Addition processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2012.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Hinton, Harvard R.
- Hinton, Rose M. (Rose Marie), 1928- -- Archives
- Home and Family
- Lehi (Utah) -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Africa
- Mormon missionaries -- Europe
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Lehi -- Biography
- Mormons -- Family relationships -- Utah -- Lehi -- History -- Sources
- Social Life and Customs
- Utah -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Register of Rose Marie and Harvard R. Hinton papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 February 25
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.