Autobiographies of Alma W. King and Lucille Olson King
Scope and Contents
Autobiography of Alma King contains memories of his childhood near Garland, Utah; church service, including a Latter-day Saint Mission to the Hawaiian Islands, 1923-1926; attendance at BYU, 1926-1930 and 1933-1936, and the University of Chicago, 1939-1940; teaching LDS seminary at Bear River High School, 1930-1956; marriage; travels; and employment in the Dean of Students office at BYU, 1956-1972. Autobiography of Lucille King contains memories of her childhood in Provo, Utah; attendance at BYU, 1926-1928; marriage; and involvement in the Madsen Memorial Chorus. Also includes significant information on their parents, children, and other family members. The autobiographies were compiled by Larry R. King and printed in 1999. Volume includes a preface and table of contents.
- King, Lucille Olson, 1907-1992 (author, Person)
- King, Larry R. (compiler, Person)
- King, Alma W., 1902-1999 (author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Autobiographies of Alma W. King and Lucille Olson King must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Larry R. King, the compiler, is a son of Alma and Lucille King.
1 v. (257 p.)(0.13 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
The compiler, a son of Alma W. King, brought two volumes to University Archives on 17 March 1999. Larry also brought a published volume, "The Kings of the Kingdom: the Life of Thomas Rice King and His Family" (Orem, Utah: Larry R. King, 1996). This latter volume will be passsed to the library for cataloging.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Larry R. King; 1999.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty
- Brigham Young University -- Students
- Church Educational System (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- Hawaii
- Garland (Utah)
- Home and Family
- King, Alma W., 1902-1999
- King, Lucille Olson, 1907-1992
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- Hawaii
- Latter Day Saint women -- Biography
- Latter Day Saints -- Biography
- Madsen Memorial Chorus
- Provo (Utah)
- Social Life and Customs
- University of Chicago -- Students
- Register of Autobiographies of Alma W. King and Lucille Olson King
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 December 27
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.