Casse Lyman Monson papers
Scope and Contents
Contains writings on Samoan history, ecclesiastical and lingual lesson plans, and photographs from Casse Lyman Monson. Collection materials come from her time as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Samoa. Her ecclesiastical papers include Relief Society materials sent from Salt Lake City. Her historical papers include facsimile portraits of Samoan rulers, Samoan LDS history, and Samoan speeches. Dated approximately 1960-1962.
- approximately 1960-1962
- Monson, Casse Lyman (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Casse Lyman Monson papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of References Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
Biographical / Historical
Casse Lyman Monson (1903-1983) was a Mormon missionary and housewife.
Casse Lyman was born on December 29th, 1903 to Albert Lyman and Mary Ellen Perkins in Bluff, Utah. She married Byron Clifton Monson on September 24th, 1923 in Salt Lake City. Together, they served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Samoa Islands where she wrote lesson regarding church doctrine, Samoan history, and the Samoan language.
Casse Lyman Monson passed away on October 12th, 1983 in Provo, Utah. She is buried in Pleasant Grove, Utah.
3 folders (0.15 linear ft)
Language of Materials
Donated by Lyn M. Lyman, daughter of Casse Lyman Monson, in January, 2018.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Lyn M. Lyman; January 25, 2018.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, II,B.1,5.IV,VI, 2013).
Processed; Hailey Blatter, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2018.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Doctrines
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Education
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Samoan Mission
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Samoan Islands -- History
- Mormons -- Samoan Islands -- History
- Relief Society
- Samoan Islands -- History
- Samoan language -- Study and teaching
- Register of Casse Lyman Monson papers
- Hailey Blatter
- 2018 March 19
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.