Betty Bradley papers on Mildred Dilling
Scope and Contents
This collection contains materials collected by Betty Bradley dating from approximately 1961 to 1974. Includes concert programs, newspaper clippings, and letters in addition to various materials collected on prominent harpist Mildred Dilling.
- approximately 1961-1974
- Bradley, Betty, 1894-1998 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Betty Bradley papers on Mildred Dilling must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Betty Bradley was a student of Mildred Dilling.
1 carton (1 linear ft.)
Original order of the collection has been maintained.
Materials were collected by Betty Bradley. Upon Betty's death, they were inherited by Nancy Smith, who donated the collection in 2011.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Nancy Smith; 2011.
Prominent Harpists, (Section IV.a.i. International Harp Collection Development Policy January 2011).
Processed; Lynzi Phillips; 2011.
- 31 music scores including: Debussy – Clair de lune; Paret – Londonderry Air; Gruber – Holy Night; Pinto – Believe Me If All Those Endearing Young Charms; Adams – The Bells of St. Mary’s; Gounod – Meditation; Robinson – Ten Classics for Harp and Organ; A.L. David – Album of Solo Pieces for the Harp; Hasselmans – Au Monatere; Renié – Six Pieces pour Harpe; Wagner – Evening Star from Tannhäuser; Hasselmans – Petite Berceuse; Hasselmans – Ballade pour la Harpe; Angelus; Zimmer – The Rose of Tralee; Speaks – The Prayer Perfect; Brahms – Waltz in A Flat; Robinson – Excerpts and Solos for Small Harp; Godard – Berceuse (Lullaby); Zimmer – Greensleeves; Zimmer – By Bendemeer’s Stream; Zabaleta – Original Harp Repertory; Robinson – First Lessons for the Harp; Salzedo – Tango; Thomson – Ten Christmas Carols; Dilling – Old Tunes for New Harpists; Dilling – Thirty Little Classics for the Harp; Bochsa-Oberthuer – Universal Method for the Harp; Zimmer – The Harp that Once thru Tara’s Halls; Zimmer – Three Christmas Carols (Away in a Manger, Shepherd’s Xmas Song, An Irish Noel); Rogers – A Monastery Garden
- Register of Betty Bradley papers on Mildred Dilling
- Lynzi Phillips
- 2011 April 27
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.