John Strauss files on publicity for James Stewart
Scope and Contents note
- Stewart, James, 1908-1997 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Conditions Governing Use note
John Strauss was born on April 2,1913. Before becoming a publicist, Strauss worked as a Warner Brothers film salesman in Buffalo, NY. In 1945 he transferred to the Warner Brothers publicity department in Burbank, CA. For the next 52 years, Strauss represented various celebrities, including those of Hollywood's "Golden Age" such as Lucille Ball, Jule Andrews, Jack Lemmon, as well as Jimmy Stewart.
He died September 21, 2001 at the age of 88.
1 oversize box (1.66 linear ft.)
3 cartons (3 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids note
Other Finding Aids
Custodial History note
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Collection deals with the performing arts, especially motion pictures and journalism.
Processing Information note
- Register of John Strauss files on publicity for James Stewart
- James V. D'Arc and John N. Gillespie
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008