Associated Latter-day Media Artists records
Scope and Contents
Contains videocassettes, records from the Associated Latter-day Media Artists (ALMA or A.L.M.A.) organization, letters, newspaper clippings, newsletters, minutes, audio materials including cassettes and reel to reel tapes, personal records, small number of photographs and film reels. The materials relate to the organization, meetings, and functions of the association and include archival media materials.
- Associated Latter-day Media Artists (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Preliminarily processed; access with permission from the Curator of the Arts & Communications Archives of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Associated Latter-day Media Artists (ALMA) records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Associated Latter-Day Media Artists (1977-) is a networking group for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who are a part of the Media field.
Associated Latter-day Media Artists (ALMA or A.L.M.A.) was formed in January of 1977 by Donna King Conkling, Glen Larson, Robert Starling and Gordon Jump. A network of contacts was created for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- day Saints within the Media fields. The organization hosted firesides, seminars, award ceremonies and other activities bringing support and awareness concerning Latter-day Saints in the Media. It became a worldwide association with headquarters in Los Angeles, California.
19 cartons (19 linear ft.)
2 boxes ( (1 linear ft.))
Associated Latter-day Media Artists; 1970- ; Los Angeles, California; non-profit organization promoting awareness of Latter-day Saints in the media.
Arranged into 7 series: 1. Associated Latter-day Media Artists records, 1956-1987. 2. Associated Latter-day Media Artists audio-visual materials, 1976-1985. 3. Associated Latter-day Media Artists videocassettes, 1976-1991. 4. Associated Latter-day Media Artists newsletters, 1976-1984. 5. Associated Latter-day Media Artists records for the California chapter, 1984-1986. 6. Associated Latter-day Media Artists correspondence, 1987-1988. 7. Associated Latter-day Media Artists membership and administrative records, 1976-1991.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
Box-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1697.xml
Donated by Robert Starling and Al Lampkin. Donated by Jay C. Munns in January 2011.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Robert Starling and Al Lampkin. Donated; Jay C. Munns; January 2011.
Producers/Directors/Production Companies collections (Arts & Communications Archives Collecting Policy, 2010).
Processed; Elizabeth West; November 2006. Processed; Elizabeth West; March 2011.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Columbus (Ga.)
- Hale, Nathan, 1910-1994
- Hale, Ruth, 1908-2003
- Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Jump, Gordon
- Larsen, Glen
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Minutes (Records)
- Mormon Church -- Public relations -- History -- Sources
- Mormons in motion pictures
- Mormons in motion pictures -- History
- Osmond family
- Performing Arts
- Performing Arts -- History -- United States -- Sources
- Performing Arts -- Utah -- History -- Sources
- Starling, Robert, 1946-
- Video tapes
- Wolsey, Heber G. (Heber Grant), 1922-
- Register of Associated Latter-day Media Artists records
- Elizabeth West
- 2006 November
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Carton: duplicates 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: duplicates 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: duplicates 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: duplicates 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: duplicates 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: duplicates 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: duplicates 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: duplicates 8 (Mixed Materials)