Roscoe A. Grover collection
Collection — oversize: 1
Identifier: MSS 3706
Scope and Contents
Collection includes photographs of Roscoe A. Grover, David O. McKay, Spencer W. Kimball, and Marion G. Romney. Also in the collection are two scrapbooks containing photos, newspaper articles, and other miscellaneous artifacts documenting Roscoe Grover and his KSL-TV show "Uncle Roscoe's Playtime Party." There are also photographs of Grover's son, Paul Grover.
- Grover, Roscoe A. (Roscoe Abner), 1901-1984 (Depicted, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to public access; Kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Roscoe A. Grover collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Roscoe Grover (1901-1984), an older Salt Lake City artist, was a friend of John Held Jr. and Mahonri Young. Like Held, Grover was a media personality, especially on television, and became known as "Uncle Roscoe" to area children on his own show. A cartoonist and portraitist, the artist also taught at the Pioneer Craft House.
1 oversize box (1.0 linear ft.)
These items were transferred from Manuscript Collection A76-137 to Photo Archives in 1995.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transfer; Roscoe A. Grover; 1995.
Photographs (Photograph Archives).
- Artists -- United States -- History
- Grover, Roscoe A. (Roscoe Abner), 1901-1984 (Depicted)
- Kimball, Spencer W., 1895-1985 (Depicted)
- McKay, David O. (David Oman), 1873-1970 (Depicted)
- Radio broadcasters -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Romney, Marion G., 1897-1988 (Depicted)
- Register of Roscoe A. Grover collection
- Lucy Brimhall
- 2013 May 14
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.