Church Historical Sites
Scope and Contents
This collection contains photographs and postcards of various historical sites relating to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These sites include: Nauvoo, Orderville, Kirtland, Palmyra, and various LDS temples. Portraits of people include: Joseph Smith, C.S. Forester, and General Fremont with his wife and daughter. Also included in the collection is a book titled American Frontier Photography and a photograph of the 1955 Utah State Senate 31st session.
- Approximately 1850-1985
Conditions Governing Access
Open to public access; Kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Church Historical Sites must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 oversize folder (1.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
These items were received by Special Collections in 1995.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donation; Marie Felt; 1995.
Photographs (Photograph Archives).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History--19th century
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History--Pictorial works
- Forester, C. S. (Cecil Scott), 1899-1966 (depicted)
- Kirtland (Ohio)
- Latter Day Saint churches -- History -- Pictorial works
- Nauvoo (Ill.)
- Nauvoo Temple (Nauvoo, Ill. : 1841-1850)
- Orderville (Utah)
- Palmyra (N.Y.)
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844 (depicted)
- Register of Church Historical Sites
- Lucy Brimhall
- 2013 April 5
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.