Liu Yanping photographs
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 3010
Scope and Contents
Includes photographs of a Boston ballet company, an American modern ballet company, and a Houston ballet company performing in Shanghai-Meiqi, 1995 and 1996; Brigham Young University ballroom, folk, and other dance groups, and the Young Ambassadors, performing in Shanghai-Hong Pu, 1972, 1979, 1992, and 1995; an American look-alike performance troop in Shanghai-Hong Pu; Willard Scott, Bryant Gumble, and other NBC Television workers celebrating NBC's birthday in Shanhai-Hong Pu; and some unidentified persons. Most of the images are in color. A second folder contains biographical information about Liu Yanping, and five photocopied images of Richard Nixon.
- Yanping, Liu, 1945- (Photographer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research. Kept in cold storage; requires 24 hour advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Liu Yanping photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Professional Chinese photographer and a head press photographer for Shanghai Television Station.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602.
Photographer donated album to Brigham Young University by way of Michael J. Zhang, a BYU alumnus, in commemoration of the twenty-fifth anniversary of United States President Richard Nixon's visit to China in 1972.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Liu Yanping, c/o Mr. Michael J. Zhang, City of Industry, California; gift; 1998.
Photographs (Photograph Archives).
- Brigham Young University. Ballroom Dance Company -- Photographs
- China -- Foreign Relations -- United States
- Gumble, Bryant -- Photographs
- International Folk Dance Ensemble -- Photographs
- Jiangsu Sheng (China)
- NBC Television Network
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 -- Photographs
- Photograph albums
- Scott, Willard -- Photographs
- Shanghai (China)
- United States -- Foreign relations -- China
- Young Ambassadors (Musical group) -- Photographs
- Register of Liu Yanping photographs
- Abe Austin
- 2012 March 28
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.