Willard Washington Beans papers
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of a typewritten autobiography, a newspaper clipping, a Mormon Church blessing, and an essay. Also included are photocopies of handwritten letters received by Bean. These items include letters received from Mormon Church leaders Heber J. Grant and J. Golden Kimball. Bean was a missionary to the Southern States and lived in Palmyra, New York from 1915 to 1939.
- Grant, Heber J. (Heber Jeddy), 1856-1945 (Person)
- Kimball, Jonathan Golden, 1853-1938 (Person)
- Bean, Willard Washington, 1868-1949 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Willard Washington Beans papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon Church leader, newspaper editor, farmer, boxer, and resident of the Joseph Smith (1805-1844) home in Palmyra, New York for 24 years.
12 items (160 p.)
Language of Materials
Donated by Vicki Zimmerman in 1984.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Vicki Zimmerman; 1984.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Bean, Willard Washington, 1868-1949
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Farmers -- New York (State) -- Palmyra -- History -- Sources
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- Southern States -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- New York (State) -- Palmyra -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States
- Palmyra (N.Y.) -- History
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844 -- Homes and haunts
- Register of Willard Washington Beans papers
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 October 7
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.