Skip to main content

Department of Technology visual and multimedia records, 1972-1986

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1119 Series 5

Scope and Contents

Contains photographs, slides, and videocassettes from the department dated 1972-1986.

Dates

  • 1972-1986

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 50 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Department of Technology records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

The Department of Technology (1972-1990) was an instructional unit at Brigham Young University.

The department was established in 1972 in a reorganization of the earlier Department of Industrial Technology, and provided course instruction in engineering and technology design, electronics, and manufacturing technologies, as well as aspects of construction management. It provided two-year associate's degrees for technicians and four-year bachelor's degrees. Department chairs included Ross "J" McArthur (1972-1979), Kay F. Brown (1979-1980), John J. Kunzler, Jr. (1981-1986), E. Max Raisor (1986-1987), J. L. Carroll (1987-1989), and John J. Kunzler (1989-1990).

The department reported to various colleges during its existence, including the College of Industrial and Technical Education (1972-1973), the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology (1973-1984), and the College of Engineering and Technology (1984-1990). In 1990 the department merged into the newly formed Department of Manufacturing Engineering and Technology.

Extent

2 boxes

7 folders

Language

English