Robert Gorlinski: California maps, bulk 1909-1921
Identifier: MSS 998 Series 5 Sub-Series 2 Sub-Series 1
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: Diaries, field notes, correspondence, and maps. Gorlinski worked primarily in Utah and many of the materials relate to his activities in and around Park City, Utah. He was also associated with projects in other places in Utah and in sites in Nevada, California, and Idaho. The diaries cover the years 1909 to 1955 when Gorlinski was living in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Other: Majority of material found within 1909-1921
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Robert Gorlinski collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
From the Collection: Mining engineer and surveyor.
The series can be further divided into 3 subseries: 1. California maps: Walker Mining Co., Plumas Co., 1909-1920; 2. California maps: Highland Boy Mine, 1910-1919; and 3. California maps: Other areas in Plumas County, 1916-1921.
Other Finding Aids
While this finding aid provides only a series and sub-series level description, a more detailed finding aid is available in print at the L.Tom Perry Special Collections reference desk.
Other Finding Aids
Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS998.xml
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Engineers -- Utah -- History
- Gorlinski, Robert, 1861-1955 -- Archives
- Mines and Mineral Resources
- Mining engineering -- California -- History
- Mining engineering -- Idaho -- History
- Mining engineering -- Nevada -- History
- Mining engineering -- Utah -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Park City (Utah) -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History