James Stewart awards, tributes, festivals, and appearances, 1962-1993
Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 2157 Series 11
Scope and Contents
Contains photographs, negatives, scripts, programs, awards, VHS videotapes, plaques, citations, proclamations, cards, calendars, scrapbooks, brochures of festivals, poems, and other records received or associated with Stewart. Dated 1962 to 1993.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the James Stewart papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
From the Collection: James Maitland "Jimmy" Stewart (May 20, 1908–July 2, 1997) was an American film and stage actor, best known for his self-effacing persona. Over the course of his career, he starred in many films widely considered classics and was nominated for five Academy Awards, winning one in competition and receiving one Lifetime Achievement award. He was a major MGM contract star. He also had a noted military career, a World War II and Vietnam War veteran, who rose to the rank of Brigadier General in the United States Air Force Reserve.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://net.lib.byu.edu/inventories/UPB_MSS2157.pdf
Existence and Location of Copies
DVD copies of miscellaneous film footage are located in folder 244.
- Box: 54 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 65 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 55 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 61 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 66 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 85 (Text)
- oversize: 86 (Text)
- oversize: 79 (Text)
- Carton: 68 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 91 (Moving Images)
- oversize: 81 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 64 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize: 84 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 82 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 90 (Moving Images)
- oversize: 78 (Text)
- oversize: 87 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 83 (Mixed Materials)