Skip to main content

Intercollegiate Athletics football film reels, 1959-1982

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1347 Series 1

Scope and Contents

Contains reels of material filmed from Brigham Young University football games and practices, 1959-1982.

Dates

  • 1959-1982

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 50 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Intercollegiate Athletics memorabilia must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

From the Collection: Intercollegiate Athletics (1955-) coordinates and maintains Brigham Young University's athletics.

Intercollegiate Athletics was established in 1955 as a part of the College of Recreation, Physical and Health Education, and Athletics. In 1960, Intercollegiate Athletics was made part of the College of Physical Education. In 1975, Intercollegiate Athletics was incorporated into the overall structure of Brigham Young University. The organization maintains BYU's participation within conferences and the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Teams sponsored by Intercollegiate Athletics include football, basketball, swimming, tennis, golf and track.

Extent

27 Reels

28 cartons

Language

English