Skip to main content

LDS Foundation publications and photographs, 1971-1988

 Sub-Series — Box: 20, Folder: 2-16
Identifier: UA 1009 Series 3 Sub-Series 6

Scope and Contents note

Contains publications, photographs, brochures, and clippings related to Brigham Young University and Ricks College fundraising efforts. Materials date from between 1971 and 1988.

Dates

  • 1971-1988

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 50 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the LDS Foundation historical records must be obtained from the Permissions & Licensing Office of the University and the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

From the Collection: The Development Office of Brigham Young University was established in 1966, and was responsible for coordinating fund-raising activities for the university. Its functions were transferred to the newly established Church Education Development division of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1971.

Administrative History

From the Collection: Church Education Development for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was established in 1971, and was the successor to the Development Office at Brigham Young University. Church Education Development was responsible for fund-raising activities for Church-funded institutions. It was named the Development Office of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and given expanded responsibilities in 1973.

Administrative History

From the Collection: The Development Office of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was established in 1971 as Church Education Development, and became the Development Office in 1973. The Development Office was responsible for coordinating philanthropic giving within the Church, and was under the direction of the Presiding Bishopric. The Development Office was renamed LDS Foundation in 1982.

Administrative History

From the Collection: The LDS Foundation (1982-2005) handled all donations to the Church that are not tithes or offerings.

The LDS Foundation was established in 1971 as Church Education Development, and became the LDS Foundation in 1982. The LDS Foundation was the central coordinating agency for all donations given to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints beyond tithing or fast offerings. The foundation is under the direction of the Presiding Bishopric of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Brigham Young University Annual Giving Fund was an extension of the LDS Foundation. The organization was renamed LDS Philanthopies in 2005.

Extent

15 folders

Language

English

Other Finding Aids

A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.

Other Finding Aids

File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1009.xml

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository

Contact:
1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States