Bowen, Albert E. (Albert Ernest), 1875-1953
- Existence: 1875 - 1953
Albert E. Bowen; b. Albert Ernest Bowen, Oct. 31, 1875 in Henderson Creek, Idaho to David Bowen and Annie Shackleton; lawyer in Logan, Utah and the county attorney for Cache County, Utah; d. July 15, 1953 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Albert E. Bowen address entitled "Some obligations of citizenship"
Albert E. Bowen letter
Typewritten and signed letter dated 30 July 1929 and addressed to Samuel Russell, attorney at law in Salt Lake City, Utah. Bowen asks Russell if he will participate in a discussion on revising the tax laws of Utah.
Emma Lucy Gates Bowen papers
Correspondence, concert programs, music scores, and miscellaneous items. Includes correspondence of Bowen when she was in Germany as an opera singer from 1898 to 1914 and later when she was a voice and music teacher in Salt Lake City, Utah. Also included are letters from her husband, Albert E. Bowen from 1897 to 1923 and Lucy's agent, Catherine A. Bowman. Some of the materials relate to the Lucy Gates Opera Company.
Photocopy of a microfilm copy of an printed brochure. The item includes an "autobiographical sketch" which Annie dictated to her son, Albert E. Bowen. Annie tells about her early life in England, her joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in 1851, her migration to Utah in 1861, and her move to Samaria, Idaho, in 1876. Also included is a copy of the funeral services for Annie in 1929.
- Letters 2
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 1
- Autobiographies 1
- City and Town Life 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education 1
- Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Utah 1
- Lawyers -- Utah -- Correspondence 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormon pioneers 1
- Mormon women -- Biography 1
- Mormons -- England -- Biography 1
- Music 1
- Opera -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Performing Arts 1
- Politics, Government, and Law 1
- Programs 1
- Public Finance 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 1
- Samaria (Idaho) -- History -- Sources 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 1
- Taxation -- Utah -- History 1
- Women musicians -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History -- Sources 1
- Women singers -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less