Grant, Jedediah M.
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Handwritten petition to the United States Congress. The item was "adopted in a joint session Jan. 17, 1854." The Utah Legislature asks for funds to support the University of Deseret. The item was signed by Willard Richards and Jedediah M. Grant.
Handwritten and signed petition, dated 30 Sept. 1853, and addressed to Franklin Pierce, president of the United States. The item requests that Leonidas Shaver be retained as justice of the Supreme Court of the Utah Territory. The petition is signed by 27 Utahns including Jedediah M. Grant and Brigham Young, second president of the Mormon Church.
Photocopy of a handwritten and printed certificate dated 10 Aug. 1856 certifying that Thomas Pierce had been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England. The item was signed by the "First Presidency" of that Church.
Handwritten legislative act approved on 27 Dec. 1853. The item was signed by Brigham Young (1801-1877), governor; Willard Richards (1804-1854), president of the council; and Jedediah M. Grant (1816-1856), speaker of the house. The item specifies that money be paid to support the Utah Territorial Library.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 2
- Letters 2
- Politics, Government, and Law 2
- Agriculture 1
- Agriculture and Natural Resources 1
- Bills 1
- Bonds 1
- Certificates 1
- Church Government 1
- Civil Procedure and Courts 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Education 1
- Flax -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Judges -- Utah -- History 1
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Biography 1
- Law -- Utah -- History 1
- Laws 1
- Libraries -- Utah -- History 1
- Missions and Missionaries 1
- Petitions 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 1
- Stock ownership -- Utah -- History 1
- Territorial Government 1
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History 1
- Utah -- History 1 + ∧ less