Sutherland, George, 1862-1942
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Collection includes biographical materials, correspondence, writings and notes, newspaper clippings and mementos relating mainly to her personal and family history. Includes funeral guest register and transcript of funeral.
Lecture by Douglas F. Tobler concerning Karl G. Maeser as a man and educator at Brigham Young Academy.
This address was written by George Sutherland, but delivered by George S. Ballif. It was read as part of the commencement exercises in the Joseph Smith building, June 4, 1941.
Interview by Hollis Scott with Eva Maeser Crandall, concerning her father, Karl G. Maeser, her childhood in Provo, her memories of Brigham Young Academy, students and faculty of Brigham Young Academy. Includes transcript and sound recordings.
Typewritten copy of a letter dated 7 Nov. 1903 and composed in Salt Lake City, Utah. The item was addressed to Chester Isaiah Long, a United States senator. Sutherland, then a member of the United States House of Representatives, endorses the election of Reed Smoot to the United States Senate. He also writes about early political parties in Provo, Utah.
Handwritten letters written to George Sutherland while he was a lawyer in Provo, Utah. The items deal largely with legal and business matters in various areas of Utah. Most items have been severely water damaged.
Collection includes photographs of George Sutherland, as well as his family and home. Photographs were taken by several photographers between about 1890 and 1940. Also includes some copy prints, and corresponding safety film negatives, of some of the photographs.
- Collection 9
- Digital Record 1
- Colleges and Universities 3
- Education 3
- Letters 3
- Politics, Government, and Law 3
- Biography 2
- Civil Procedure and Courts 2
- Material Types 2
- Photographs 2
- Provo (Utah) -- History 2
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 2
- Baccalaureate addresses -- Brigham Young University 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Compact discs 1
- Copy prints 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education -- Utah -- History 1
- Flash memories (Computers) 1
- Judges 1
- Judges -- United States -- Bibliography 1
- Judges -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Lawyers -- Utah -- Provo -- Correspondence 1
- Legislation -- Utah 1
- Legislators -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Lists 1
- Oral histories 1
- Political Campaigns 1
- Political parties -- Utah -- Provo -- History 1
- Politicians -- Utah -- Correspondence 1
- Politicians -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Polygamy -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Safety film negatives 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Transcripts 1
- United States -- Law and legislation 1
- United States -- Politics and government 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- United States -- History 1 ∧ less