Park, James Pollock, 1821-1889
- Existence: 1821 - 1889
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Lue Ann Hjelm letter
Typewritten, signed letter which contains a biographical sketch of James Pollock Park who served in the "Mormon Battalion."
James Pollock Park
Typewritten biography. The item describes Park's conversion to the Mormon faith, his various travels, and his final stay in Utah.
James Pollock Park diary
Photocopy of a typescript of a journal which describes Park's missionary experiences for the Mormon Church in Scotland and the return journey to Utah across the Atlantic Ocean on the "George Washington". There is a list of mostly British names and addresses at the end.
James Pollock Park papers
Printed and handwritten application for Park's widow to receive a pension for his service in the war with Mexico, photocopy of a mission call for Park to serve on a mission for the Mormon Church in Europe, and a brief biography of Park by and unknown author.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 2
- Missions and Missionaries 2
- Biography 1
- Biography -- 19th century 1
- Certificates 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diaries 1
- Home and Family 1
- Immigration and American Expansion 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- Biography 1
- Military 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Scotland 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Scotland 1
- Mormon pioneers -- Utah -- Biography 1
- Mormons -- Scotland -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Biography 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- History 1
- Pioneers 1
- Politics, Government, and Law 1
- Scotland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography 1 ∧ less