Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
Assorted items owned by, compiled or otherwise created by, or about various Smoot family members. Includes newspaper clippings, George E. Anderson book on the handcart trek and the history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, book of world maps, John M. Mcfarlane emigration diary, and Diana Eldredge Smoot memorial card, approximately 1852-1914.
Primarily incoming items to William R. Minish (1880-1890), as well as incoming and outgoing items to Abraham Owen Smoot, Alma Eldredge, William, Daniel, and other Smoot family members; pertaining to Smoot and Eldredge genealogy, and including filled forms, etc. Materials dated 1880-1902.
Contains journals and a letter created and collected by Smoot during his service as a Latter-day Saint missionary in Samoa and Tonga between 1889 and 1892. Also includes transcriptions of the journals prepared by Loretta Nixon.
Collection includes biographical materials, correspondence, writings and notes, newspaper clippings and mementos relating mainly to her personal and family history. Includes funeral guest register and transcript of funeral.
Contains the missionary journal of Gilbert Van Schoonhoven, kept while he was serving as a Latter-day Saint missionary to the British Isles, from 1866 to 1868. Also includes a letter written to Gilbert from his wife Mary Emma while he was on his mission. Dated 1866-1868.
Collection contains photographs, genealogical information, news articles and obituaries, a family bible, and personal histories on A. O. Smoot and descendants and the Pierpont line collected by Kay Pierpont Kane. Materials date from between 1836 and 2008.
Collection includes original and photocopied photographs and cabinet cards of Provo, Utah life and community members. Includes portraits of Smoot family members and other individuals, scenes from Brigham Young University, and other photographs mostly taken in Utah County, Utah between 1900 and 1956.
Collection contains journals, letters, transcripts, and other materials produced by members of the Smoot family in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The materials document the missionary service of Brigham Smoot in Samoa and Tonga, the missionary service of Gilbert Van Schoonhoven, the military service of Roland Nesbit Smoot during World War II, and various family events and issues that were occuring at the time. Dated 1866 to approximately 1949.
- Archival Record 7
- Collection 5
- Letters 8
- Home and Family 5
- Social Life and Customs 5
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 4
- Kirtland (Ohio) 4
- Material Types 4
- Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail 4
- Utah 4
- Diaries 3
- Photographs 3
- Religion 3
- Biography 2
- Genealogies 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- American poetry 1
- Books 1
- Church Government 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Compact discs 1
- Digital images 1
- Education 1
- Family histories 1
- Genealogy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Images 1
- Maps 1
- Military 1
- Missions and Missionaries 1
- Mormon Church -- Apostles 1
- Mormon Church -- Apostles -- Correspondence 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- England 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Samoa 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Tonga 1
- Mormon Church -- Presidents -- Correspondence 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Diaries 1
- Mormon missionaries -- England -- Diaries 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Samoan Islands -- Diaries 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Tonga -- Diaries 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Obituaries 1
- Paintings 1
- Photocopies 1
- Politicians -- Utah 1
- Polygamy -- Utah 1
- Portraits 1
- Postcards 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1901-1953 1 ∧ less