Skip to main content

Harris Fine Arts Center

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1965-

Administrative History

The Harris Fine Arts Center (dedicated 1965) is a multipurpose building at Brigham Young University. The building includes performance halls, gallery space, classrooms, and practice rooms.

Citation

nuc88-126319: Fairbanks, A.T. Avard T. Fairbanks, 1987? (usage on UPB rept.: Harris Fine Arts Center, Brigham Young University)

Paintings by Julian Alden Weir, 1972: t.p. verso (Brigham Young University Art Gallery, Provo, Utah)

LC database, 11/28/1994 (hdg.: Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah. Art Gallery; usage: Brigham Young University Art Gallery)

Amer. art directory, 1967 (under Utah, Provo: Brigham Young University, Harris Fine Arts Center, B.F. Larsen Gallery; estab. 1963)

Amer. art directory, 1993/94 (under Utah, Provo: Brigham Young University, B.F. Larsen Gallery, Harris Fine Arts Center; estab. 1965; Gallery 303 is large room within atrium-shaped space)

Intern. dir. of arts, 1993/94: v. 1, p. 825 (Harris Fine Arts Center Galleries, Brigham Young University; F-303 Harris Fine Arts Center)

Official mus. dir., 1992 (under Utah, Provo: Museum of Fine Arts at Brigham Young University, Harris Fine Arts Center; founded 1965; formerly Brigham Young University Museum of Fine Arts; temporarily closed for construction of new facility)

The American image, 1830-1940, 1985: cover (selections from the Brigham Young University art museum collection) pref. (Gallery 303; in Harris Fine Arts Center) added jacket (BYU Museum of Fine Arts)

Found in 42 Collections and/or Records:

Photograph of Franklin S. Harris Fine Arts Center

 Digital Record
Identifier: UAP2_F255_p255topright

Photograph of Harris Fine Arts Center under construction

 Digital Record
Identifier: UAP2_F255_p255bottom

Physical Plant Department records on the Franklin S. Harris Fine Arts Center, 1955-1974

 Sub-Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1330 Series 3 Sub-Series 20
Scope and Contents Contains program requirements, specifications, remodeling and addition records, and the keying schedule and contracts for the unfinished area. Also includes records from those responsible for the construction of the Harris Fine Arts Center, including Paul S. Veneklasen and Associates, Ford Foundation, William Pereira, Alfred Brown Company, Lewis E. Sandstrom, Jr., and Layton Construction, 1955-1974.
Dates: 1955-1974