Harris Fine Arts Center
- Existence: 1965-
The Harris Fine Arts Center (dedicated 1965) is a multipurpose building at Brigham Young University. The building includes performance halls, gallery space, classrooms, and practice rooms.
Citationnuc88-126319: Fairbanks, A.T. Avard T. Fairbanks, 1987? (usage on UPB rept.: Harris Fine Arts Center, Brigham Young University)
Paintings by Julian Alden Weir, 1972: t.p. verso (Brigham Young University Art Gallery, Provo, Utah)
LC database, 11/28/1994 (hdg.: Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah. Art Gallery; usage: Brigham Young University Art Gallery)
Amer. art directory, 1967 (under Utah, Provo: Brigham Young University, Harris Fine Arts Center, B.F. Larsen Gallery; estab. 1963)
Amer. art directory, 1993/94 (under Utah, Provo: Brigham Young University, B.F. Larsen Gallery, Harris Fine Arts Center; estab. 1965; Gallery 303 is large room within atrium-shaped space)
Intern. dir. of arts, 1993/94: v. 1, p. 825 (Harris Fine Arts Center Galleries, Brigham Young University; F-303 Harris Fine Arts Center)
Official mus. dir., 1992 (under Utah, Provo: Museum of Fine Arts at Brigham Young University, Harris Fine Arts Center; founded 1965; formerly Brigham Young University Museum of Fine Arts; temporarily closed for construction of new facility)
The American image, 1830-1940, 1985: cover (selections from the Brigham Young University art museum collection) pref. (Gallery 303; in Harris Fine Arts Center) added jacket (BYU Museum of Fine Arts)
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1056 Series 2
Scope and Contents Contains building records including annual catalogues, recital records and recital programs, blueprints and diagrams, correspondence, furnishing and equipment records, theatre and stages records, and photographs. Also included is information regarding the Harris Fine Arts Center (HFAC), namely its dedications and description, names, blueprints, correspondence, furnishing, telephones, radio, and television. Materials date from between 1938 and 1965.