Utah. District Court (3rd District)
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
This document was regarding the case of Emeline A. Young vs. George Q. Cannon, Albert Carrington, and Brigham Young Jr. (1836-1903) regarding the last will of Brigham Young (1801-1877). The document bound Brigham Young Jr. to appear in court or pay $5000 penalty. He was chared in contempt for disobeying an order to deliver property to the proper receiver. The item is dated 12 July 1879.
Contains two handwritten indictments (4 pages) affirming that Albright was arrested for the murder of an Indian and was brought to before judge John Titus of the third district of Utah for the United States. Judge Titus signed both documents.
Handwritten indictment for the Territory of Utah, Great Salt Lake County, United States Third District Court. The inditement was made against Thomas H. Ferguson for the Sept. 1859 murder of Alexander Carpenter. The item was signed by Hosea Stout, Deputy U. S. District Attorney for Utah Territory.
The Utah District Court Records of United States vs. George Reynolds is a microfilm copy of papers and files of United States vs. George Reynolds case on polygamy from 1874.
- Civil Procedure and Courts 4
- Indictments 2
- Law -- Utah -- History 2
- Territorial Government 2
- Utah -- History -- 19th century 2
- Bonds 1
- Courts -- Utah -- Salt Lake City 1
- Indians of North America -- Idaho -- History -- Sources 1
- Judicial records 1
- Microfilms 1
- Murder -- Idaho -- History -- Sources 1
- Murder -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Polygamy -- Utah 1
- Probate records -- Utah -- Salt Lake County 1
- Religion 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 1
- Salt Lake County (Utah) -- History 1 ∧ less