Skip to main content

LDS Motion Picture Studio

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1990-

Administrative History

LDS Motion Picture Studios (1953) is a motion picture production studio in Provo, Utah, owned and operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The company was founded in 1953 as the BYU Motion Picture Studios, but later separated from the University and in 1991 became LDS Motion Picture Studios, a directly operated function of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The studios produce films for missionary work, educational purposes, home and family use, and other church-related purposes.

Citation

Video and audio tapes held by the BYU Archives, 1949- (name not given)

Phone call to the Studio, 5/7/97 (management of the Studio transferred to the LDS Church in 1990; official name changed to LDS Motion Picture Studio)

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Capturing the past : an oral history workshop for film and video

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 6812
Abstract Fifteen video tapes of the seminarCapturing the Past: an Oral History Workshop for Film and Video, filmed in July 1994 by the LDS Motion Picture Studio.
Dates: 1994