Skip to main content

LDS Motion Picture Studio

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1990-

Administrative History

LDS Motion Picture Studios (1953) is a motion picture production studio in Provo, Utah, owned and operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The company was founded in 1953 as the BYU Motion Picture Studios, but later separated from the University and in 1991 became LDS Motion Picture Studios, a directly operated function of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The studios produce films for missionary work, educational purposes, home and family use, and other church-related purposes.

Citation

Video and audio tapes held by the BYU Archives, 1949- (name not given)

Phone call to the Studio, 5/7/97 (management of the Studio transferred to the LDS Church in 1990; official name changed to LDS Motion Picture Studio)

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

LDS Motion Picture Studio collection on Patches of Oz

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1033
Scope and Contents Collection includes programs, sound recordings, script drafts, musical scores, rehearsal schedules, tour schedules, tour memorabilia, and correspondence. This collection deals only with the Patches of Oz tours in Austria, Yugoslavia, and Las Vegas from 1982-1983.
Dates: 1982-1983