Skip to main content

LDS Motion Picture Studio

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1990-

Administrative History

LDS Motion Picture Studios (1953) is a motion picture production studio in Provo, Utah, owned and operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The company was founded in 1953 as the BYU Motion Picture Studios, but later separated from the University and in 1991 became LDS Motion Picture Studios, a directly operated function of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The studios produce films for missionary work, educational purposes, home and family use, and other church-related purposes.

Citation

Video and audio tapes held by the BYU Archives, 1949- (name not given)

Phone call to the Studio, 5/7/97 (management of the Studio transferred to the LDS Church in 1990; official name changed to LDS Motion Picture Studio)

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Financial Services records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 1275
Scope and Contents Contains correspondence, personnel records, planners, minute books, real estate records, and other miscellaneous records kept by Treasury Services.
Dates: 1930-2007