Skip to main content

LDS Motion Picture Studio

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1990-

Administrative History

LDS Motion Picture Studios (1953) is a motion picture production studio in Provo, Utah, owned and operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The company was founded in 1953 as the BYU Motion Picture Studios, but later separated from the University and in 1991 became LDS Motion Picture Studios, a directly operated function of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The studios produce films for missionary work, educational purposes, home and family use, and other church-related purposes.

Citation

Video and audio tapes held by the BYU Archives, 1949- (name not given)

Phone call to the Studio, 5/7/97 (management of the Studio transferred to the LDS Church in 1990; official name changed to LDS Motion Picture Studio)

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Financial Services general records, 1977-2007

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1275 Series 2
Scope and Contents Includes bank proposals, project files, John Davis case files, financial reports, studies, and records, and other miscellaneous kept by the Brigham Young University Treasurer from 1977 to 2007.
Dates: 1977-2007

Financial Services real estate records, 1930-1990

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1275 Series 3
Scope and Contents Contains real estate records, minute books, and ledgers kept by the Brigham Young University Treasury Services during 1930 to 1990.
Dates: 1930-1990