Latter-Day Saints Hospital (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Existence: 1905 - 1975
Latter-Day Saints Hospital (1905-1975) was a hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was transferred to management of Intermountain Health Care, Inc. in 1975 and renamed LDS Hospital.
Citation:nuc87-58446: Teaching guide, 1973 (hdg. on UU rept.: Latter-Day Saints Hospital (Salt Lake City); usage: Latter-Day Saints Hospital)
History of Dr. W.H. Groves, L.D.S. Hospital, School of Nursing, 1905-1955
Ensign, February 1974 (Latter-day Saints Hospital, LDS Hospital; hospital opened in 1913 as Dr. W. H. Groves Latter-day Saints Hospital)
Church News, February 8, 2010 (Dr. William H. Groves Latter-day Saints Hospital; opened January 1, 1905 in Salt Lake City, Utah; dedicated January 4; first hospital in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' hospital system; Church divested itself of its hospitals in 1975)
HELP, 1991: page 3-4 (name changed from Latter-Day Saints Hospital to LDS Hospital in 1975 with transfer from Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Intermountain Health Care, Inc.)
notfound: Effect of sleep promotion in the critical care unit, 1998: t.p. (LDS Hospital)
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
The series contains the by-laws of the School of Nursing for 1935 and 1951.
The series contains financial reports from 1949 to 1971 and pertains to the Nursing Alumni Association. The material is hand-written and typed format.
The series contains financial and organizational ledgers from 1926 to 1994.
Contains photographs depicting nursing outfits taken by various photographers.
The series contains minutes from the Latter-day Saints Hospital School of Nursing from 1908 to 1984. The minutes include record books and other hand-written notes pertaining to members, officers, and activities.
Not included in the series are the materials from 1938 to 1950.
The series contains photos of graduating classes from 1908 to 1985. Photographs from 1932 to 1960 are missing.
Contains records of the Latter-day Saints Hospital School of Nursing Alumni. The records include financial records, letters, photographs, newsletters, yearbooks, and various clippings from 1908 to 2002.
The series contains handwritten and printed histories of the School of Nursing dated 1947 to 2002.
The series contains mounted photographs dated 1912 to 1946.