Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Development Office
- Existence: 1973-1982
The Development Office of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was established in 1971 as Church Education Development, and became the Development Office in 1973. The Development Office was responsible for coordinating philanthropic giving within the Church, and was under the direction of the Presiding Bishopric. The Development Office was renamed LDS Foundation in 1982.
CitationLDS Foundation records, 1947-1989
Brigham Young University, L. Tom Perry Special Collections worksheet, Mar. 30, 2009 (Development Office of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; philanthropic fund-raising organization within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
Ensign, Jan. 1983: p. 78 (Development Office; renamed in 1973, previously Church Education Development; mission expanded at time of renaming)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: UA 806 Series 1
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 806
Abstract The collection contains fundraising materials from the Development Office. The fundraisers were conducted at football games, basketball games, and cultural events. Topics include correspondence and charts.
Dates: 1978-1979; 1992-1999