Skip to main content

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Development Office

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1973-1982

Administrative History

The Development Office of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was established in 1971 as Church Education Development, and became the Development Office in 1973. The Development Office was responsible for coordinating philanthropic giving within the Church, and was under the direction of the Presiding Bishopric. The Development Office was renamed LDS Foundation in 1982.

Citation

LDS Foundation records, 1947-1989

Brigham Young University, L. Tom Perry Special Collections worksheet, Mar. 30, 2009 (Development Office of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; philanthropic fund-raising organization within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)

Ensign, Jan. 1983: p. 78 (Development Office; renamed in 1973, previously Church Education Development; mission expanded at time of renaming)

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Development Office annual reports, 1978-1979

 Series
Identifier: UA 806 Series 1
Scope and Contents note Contains an annual report documenting the fundraising performance of the Development Office. Topics include correspondence and charts.
Dates: Other: 1978-1979

LDS Foundation records on cultivation events, 1992-1999

 Series
Identifier: UA 806 Series 2
Scope and Contents note Contains fundraising materials from the LDS Foundation conducted at various events. The events include football, basketball, and cultural events.
Dates: Other: 1992-1999