Brigham Young High School (Provo, Utah)
- Existence: 1903 - 1968
Brigham Young High School (1903-1968) was a private secondary school in Provo, Utah.
Brigham Young High School was formed in 1903 in a reorganization of the earlier Brigham Young Academy. The high school was closely associated with Brigham Young University's College of Education, and acted as a laboratory school for the university faculty and staff. The school was known for its speech team and sports program. Brigham Young High School was closed in 1968.
Citation:Wildcat (Brigham Young High School yearbook), 1965: t.p. (published by the students of Brigham Young High School, Provo, Utah)
A report for Dr. Antone K. Romney, 1969: p. 182 ("Brigham Young University Laboratory School Faculty, 1967-68," lists faculty for elementary school and secondary school) p. 181 (Brigham Young High School was part of the Laboratory School, The Laboratory School, including BY High, was discontinued in 1968)
Wildcat, 1933: t.p. (Brigham Young University High School)
Wildcat, 1968: cover (B.Y.U. High School)
Brigham Young High School website, via WWW, Nov. 10, 2014 (est. 1903 in reorganization of Brigham Young Academy; closely associated with BYU College of Education; laboratory school for university faculty and staff; known for speech team and sports program; closed, 1968)
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Contains information on finances (budgets, monthly reports, and expenditures), a history of the school, enrollment rosters, Training School graduation programs, and student newspapers. Dates range from 1901-1968.
Contains copies of the Brigham Young High School newspapers The Y'ld Cat, Brigadier, The Banter, Latter-day Sun, and others. Dates range from 1940-1968.
Includes correspondence, policy statements, brochures, attendance records, building plans, enrollment statistics, Immigration and Naturalization Services information, examinations, surveys, financial records, histories, and miscellaneous materials. Also includes information concerning BYU High School and the Elementary Training School from 1896-1969.