St. George Temple (Saint George, Utah)
- Existence: 1877-
The St. George Temple (est. 1877) is a religious facility operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Saint George, Utah.
Citation:DeMille, J. F. The St. George ... c1977 (subj.) t.p. (St. George Temple) p. 1, etc. (St. George Latter-day Saint Temple; est. 1877, St. George, Utah)
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Directory of General Authorities and Officers, 1982: p. 5 (St. George Temple)
Found in 25 Collections and/or Records:
The folder contains a printed circular addressed "To the Bishop and the Board of the United Order in Your Ward." The item requests that food and tools be sent to St. George, Utah to assist in the construction of the Mormon temple there. The item was endorsed by Brigham Young, George A. Smith, and Daniel H. Wells.
Includes journals and photocopies of journals created by John L. Smith, from 1846 to 1895. Journals discuss early history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, personal history, and the missionary service of John L. Smith in Switzerland, Italy, and England. Also includes letters and photocopies of letters.
Includes journals, biographical sketches, correspondence, articles, lesson manuals, published and unpublished manuscripts, photographs, and ephemera. The bulk of the material was created by Joseph B. Keeler's descendants, who used his papers as they compiled their published family history, "Build Thee More Stately" (1989). The collection focuses on family history, religion, education, and professional organizations.
Series contains information on the St. George temple and other various Utah temples, the Santa Clara Ward and its auxilliary organizations, and Nellie Gubler's personal religious notes and papers.