Ricks College (Rexburg, Idaho)
- Existence: 1923 - 2001
Ricks College (1923-2001) was a religious two-year college in Rexburg, Idaho. Previously known as Ricks Normal College, the institution was later renamed as Brigham Young University-Idaho.
Citation:Reeser, G.D. Idaho authors, 1990: t.p. (Ricks College; Rexburg, Idaho)
LC data base, 5-29-91 (hdg.: Ricks College, Rexburg, Idaho)
BYU-Idaho website, via WWW, May 9, 2003 (summer of 1917 the school became Ricks Normal College; in 1923, the school became known as Ricks College; in 2001 became Brigham Young University-Idaho)
Not found: Brigham Young University-Idaho Catalog, 2001-2002: cover, p. 6, etc. (BYU-IDAHO); Students rays, 1918: t.p. (Ricks Normal College)
Found in 124 Collections and/or Records:
Papers and scrapbooks relating to her work in humanities and music at Ricks College, her role as mother and wife, and position as 1978 Idaho Mother of the Year. Collection includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, personal journals (1976-1979), class syllabi, grant applications, and papers written for publication and presentation. Includes information on the 1976 Teton Dam disaster.
Handwritten and printed certificate. The item confirms that John J. Buckmiller was a member of the fraternity at Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho. The item is signed by John A. Widtsoe (1872-1952), Mormon author and educator.
Contains various photos.
Contains bound volumes of photographs and information of the different physical plants and campus buildings.
Ephraim Hatch drafts for A History of the Brigham Young University Campus and the Department of Physical Plant, approximately 1975
Contains bound volumes of photographs of the univeristy campus and its development during the presidencies of various university presidents. Volumes assembled in approximately 1975.
Contains various photos and negatives of buildings, sculptures and other architectual focuses of BYU campuses and surrounding Provo area.
Contains correspondence regarding the establishment of student financial aid through the Church and administered through the Financial Aids and Loans office at Brigham Young University. O. Wendle Nielsen was director of Financial Aids. Materials date from between 1956 and 1964.