Brigham Young Academy. Theological Organization
- Existence: 1876 - 1895
The Theological Organization (1876-1895) was a religious instruction program operated by Brigham Young Academy. The program was later reorganized in the model of an academic department in 1895 as the Department of Theology.
Citation:Circular of Brigham Young Academy, 1879: p. 3 (Theological Organization; provided daily religious instruction, opening and closing exercises daily, priesthood meetings on Tuesdays, and divine service on Wednesdays)
Brigham Young University, 1975: vol. 1 p. 178 (after first term in 1876-1877, determined theology classes to be mandatory) p. 181 (in 1883, missionary classes added to program curriculum)
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Contains bound notes on theology (240 pages), articles by Cluff, education notes, world situation notes, and titles of library books, 1882-1885.
Collection includes theological minutes and references.
Contains minutes of missionary meetings, started in 1883, to prepare young men to serve as Mormon missionaries, 1889-1891.
Contains transcripts of the minutes of the general theological class, 1888-1889.
Contains minutes of meetings for the General Theology class and Priesthood meetings held in the Brigham Young Academy.