Brigham Young University. Salt Lake Adult Education Center
- Existence: 1959 - 1966
The Salt Lake Adult Education Center (1959-1966) was opened as the third Brigham Young University Continuing Education center.
On January 1, 1959, the building formerly occupied by the McCune School of Music and Art was established as the third BYU Continuing Education center. The Brigham Young University Salt Lake Adult Education Center was renamed in 1966 as BYU Salt Lake Center. Courses and programs were offered in religion, genealogy, speech, history, recreation, writing, arts, education, and other fields. Lynn M. Hilton served as the only chairman of the Center (1959-1966), prior to its creation into BYU Salt Lake Center.
Citation:BYU Organizational History, via WWW, May 7, 2015 (BYU-Salt Lake Adult Education Center; third BYU continuing education center; established Jan. 1, 1959; took over McCune School of Music and Art; renamed 1966 BYU Salt Lake Center; courses in religion, geneology, speech, history, recreation, writing, arts, education, and other; Lynn M. Hilton only chairman)
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Contains scrapbooks, correspondence, and reports dated from 1959 to 1982 that pertain to the history and faculty of the Brigham Young University Salt Lake Center and its evolution from the Adult Education program.
Contains scrapbooks from the Salt Lake Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings about the Salt Lake Center and other memorabilia produced and assembled by the Salt Lake Center. Dated from 1959 to 1975.
Contains records from the Salt Lake Adult Education Center from 1959 to 1964. Includes reports of classes and enrollments, circulars for events, letters for event planning, and staff meeting records.
Materials contain administrative files, including correspondence and memos, meeting minutes, reports, financial information, course materials, policies and procedures, and other records. Dated from 1944 to 1945 and 1959 to 1970.